One of the things that always made Christmas special were all the nice Christmas specials on the TV. As a kid they just filled us with delight and they kind of do the same for us as adults. They have released dozens that are absolutely essential for the holiday season. Going through them all would take a lifetime. That said, I’m going to cover what the very best Christmas specials are. The ones your season shouldn’t be without.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – This is an essential to any family during the holiday season. It’s pretty much the ultimate Christmas special. It features an array of catchy songs, great stop motion animation and a powerful message to go with the story. That it is important to accept others for their differences and accept ourselves.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas – Everybody across America knows and somewhat loves Charlie Brown. His morose take on life can be extremely relatable at times. This Christmas special is no acception. This movie features all the classic Peanuts trademarks and features a tree that is so Charlie Brown.
- Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town – The origin of Christmas can always be traced back to Santa Claus and this is the ultimate Santa Claus movie. It shows you how the big guy in the red suit came to be. If your kids want to know the true story of Santa, this is where they will find it.
- Frosty the Snowman – Frosty the Snowman is a big part of Christmas. I can’t tell you if his legend started with this movie or not, but it’s a Christmas classic all the way. You can’t escape the holiday season without seeing this once.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas – This features the beautiful tale of how a beast with no heart at all suddenly grows a heart just by viewing the kindness of the people around him. It’s truly a good movie.