Teenagers are extreme. The average teen may seem out of control but truthfully there is a huge difference between an out of control teen and a regular teenager. If you’re wondering about your teen, this article should clear out any mystery.
Average Teen Behavior
- Rebellious Acts – Any normal teen is going to go through a rebellious stage where he/she stays out all night with friends and gets into mild trouble.
- Mood Swings
- Spending More Time With Friends – When you’re a teen your friends become like your family. All the secrets, all the emotional distress will be go around you and to their friends.
- Outburst – The average teen can’t comprehend why they feel what their feeling and this leads to outburst.
- Keeping Secrets – You won’t know much about your teen.
Out of Control Teen
- Failing Out of School – If your kid is flunking and pays no mind to grades.
- Being Violent – If your child is having fights in school, at home and is generally being super aggressive, this is a sign he/she is out of control.
- Breaking The Law – Immediate action should be taken if your child is breaking the law.
- Substance Abuse – If your child is coming home intoxicated, this is a sure sign he/she is out of control.
- Self Harm – A teen that cuts has some major things going on.
Signs Your Child is Out of Control
- Major signs that your child is out of control include a drastic change in appearance, sleep pattern or appetite. If your child seems to be depressed or emotionally unhealthy he/she may be out of it. Watch out for things like who their friends are. These new friends can be having a negative impact. If your child has isolated himself/herself from the family completely or if they’re constantly breaking the law. Those are definite red flags.